Monday, August 4, 2008

Napa Valley Museum














From August 15 to September 14, 2008, the Napa Valley Museum, in collaboration with the Nichi Bei Times, will present "Manga & Anime: An Exhibition of Popular Cartoon Art" at the Napa Valley Museum, 55 Presidents Circle in Yountville, Calif.

In July I submitted an illustration that was runner up to a manga contest held by the Nichi Bei Times. The winner and runner ups and past winners were all invited to submit about 4 pieces each to this exhibit in Napa. Should be pretty fun.

I'm not exactly sure what the boundaries are of exactly what manga or anime art is. I suppose if you want to generalize you can say that manga has to have characters with big eyes and all that. But I don't think that's a fair measure of manga art. After all, not all manga has characters with eyes that take up half of the head!

Anyhow - if you guys are in the area swing by and check it out - If I remember right, my submissions to the museum are pretty PG rated ... I think ...